- An 83-year-old woman was
shot and killed by police who had entered her home in Virginia,
following up on an apparent 911 hang-up. She thought they were
intruders and fired on them, relatives said, before leaving out the
back door to seek refuge with her sister two doors down. The
police’s account of the incident is remarkably, radically
- To try to combat those pesky illegal signs on telephone poles
and lamp posts, Miami-Dade County officials in Florida are
flooding offenders with robocalls to phone numbers posted on
- According to Barclays,
Spain will likely request a bailout by mid-October. The
government will be revealing its 2013 budget on Friday.
- Although Paul Ryan voted against eliminating the “Don’t Ask,
Don’t Tell” policy so that gays could openly serve in the military,
he, like Mitt Romney,
has no interest in bringing it back.
- Florida State Rep. Mike Horner, R-Kissimmee,
resigned today after his name showed up as an alleged client
during the investigation of a prostitution ring.
- National Health Service rationing is leading to British
patients looking for medical help
in the private market for services like cataract removals and
- If Indiana increases Medicaid coverage as part of ObamaCare, it
will cost the state an
additional $516 million a year.
Follow us on Facebook
and don’t forget to sign
up for Reason’s daily AM/PM updates for