Tax Reform, Paul Ryan, and a New Death of Hope: Podcast
Reason editors point to the good stuff in tax reform, and the bad everything else
"The tree of hope has to be watered with the blood of young journalists," Katherine Mangu-Ward says on today's Reason Podcast.
Was Reason's editor in chief talking about entitlement reform? The new Star Wars movie? Paul Ryan? All of the above? You'll have to listen below to find out.
The episode, also featuring myself, Peter Suderman, and Nick Gillespie, starts with an extended treatment about what's good in the GOP tax reform package likely to be signed into law this week, continues on with an extended generational clash about whether will he/won't-he-be-retiring Speaker Paul Ryan has ever been worth a tinker's dam when it comes to fiscal responsibility, and ends with a flurry of unfortunate Star Wars impersonations.
Warned, you have been.
Referenced or alluded to on the program:
- "What the GOP Tax Bill Means for Libertarians"
- "But What Does Star Wars *MEAN*?"
- "Movie Review: Star Wars: The Last Jedi"
- "Grover Norquist: GOP Tax Bill Is Good Enough For Now (He's Planning to 'Whine Later')"
- "Kill the Mortgage Interest Deduction Now!"
- "Paul Ryan Will Start Work on Legislation to Reduce the Deficit After He Finishes Passing Legislation to Increase the Deficit"
- Our January 2016 special issue on Star Wars
- "Generational Warfare: Old-age entitlements vs. the safety net"
- "Paul Ryan: Radical or Sellout?"
Audio production by Ian Keyser.
Subscribe, rate, and review the Reason Podcast at iTunes. Listen at SoundCloud below:
Don't miss a single Reason podcast! (Archive here.)