RIP Stephen Hawking, National School Walkout Today Over Gun Laws, U.K. Demands Answers From Russia on Nerve-Gas Attack: A.M. Links
Iconic scientist Stephen Hawking has died, his family announced Wednesday. He was 76.
- High-school students across the country are planning to skip school today—you know, for politics.
- "Despite Mr. Trump's boast, the choice of [Gina] Haspel for promotion" to CIA director "is no victory for women," writes New York Times op-ed writer Mona Eltahawy.
- Dogs will now be allowed in Virginia breweries, wineries, and distilleries.
- Democrat Conor Lamb is being named the (narrow) victor over Republican Rick Saccone in a special election in Pennsylvania's 18th District.
- The U.K. Foreign Ministry is calling for an urgent U.N. Security Council meeting on the poisoning of former Russian spy Sergei Scripel and his daughter Yulia in a small British town, as Prime Minister Theresa May demands answers from Russia that haven't come.