Trump Meets with Theresa May in Davos, Doomsday Clock Ticking Down, XFL Is Coming Back: P.M. Links
In Davos, Switzerland, President Donald Trump is looking to repair a diplomatic rift with U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May.
- Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) says Jared Kushner is too "spooked" to submit to a staff interview over the investigation of Russian ties to Trump's election campaign. Grassley blames the release of the transcripts of the interview with Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.)
- Scientists moved the Doomsday Clock to two minutes to midnight, the closest it's been since 1953, out of fears of nuclear war and climate change.
- The Department of Justice inspector general says they've recovered a trove of missing texts of two FBI agents accused anti-Trump bias that might have influenced their investigations.
- Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) is publicly critiquing FBI Director Chris Wray for statements that said that he wants government back doors into encryption (while also saying he didn't want back doors), which would jeopardize everybody's privacy and data security.
- Home Depot is the latest business to announce employees will be getting bonuses due to the passage of federal tax cuts.
- Just what we needed to complete the cultural time warp we've found ourselves in: Failed professional football league XFL is coming back in 2020.