A.M. Links: Trump Calls Himself 'Very Intelligent,' Astros Beat Dodgers to Tie World Series, Second Woman Accuses George H.W. Bush of Sexual Misconduct
President Donald Trump may designate the opioid crisis as a national emergency today.
- President Trump wants you to know that he is a "very intelligent person." As Trump explained to reporters yesterday, "People don't understand, I went to an Ivy League college. I was a nice student. I did very well."
- "The WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said on Wednesday that he had rebuffed a request for help last year from the head of a data firm that worked for Donald J. Trump and is now facing congressional scrutiny."
- A second woman has accused former President George H.W. Bush of sexual misconduct.
- Journalist Mark Halperin is leaving NBC after multiple women accused him of sexual harassment.
- The Houston Astros beat the Los Angeles Dodgers last night by a final score of 7-6. The World Series is now tied 1-1.