Another Obamacare Repeal Attempt, or Perhaps a Government Shutdown, Russia Bans Jehovah's Witnesses: P.M. Links
The White House is planning another attempt to repeal Obamacare to coincide with President Donald Trump's 100th day in office.
- Alternatively, the federal government might just shut down. Can't they do both?
- A French police officer was killed by a shooter who was subsequently "taken down" in Paris, according to reports. The Champs-Elysees has been shut down.
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) isn't just declining to run for re-election in 2018. He's considering resigning.
- Russia has banned Jehovah's Witnesses as an "extremist organization," saying the religion poses a threat to "the rights of citizens, public order and public security."
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions is "amazed" that a judge in Hawaii ("an island in the Pacific") is able to put a temporary halt to Trump's immigration orders.
- Syria has formally asked the United Nations to send in experts to investigate the deadly gas attack from earlier in the month that prompted the U.S. military strike on an airport.
- Bill O'Reilly could receive up to $25 million in severance pay after getting dumped by Fox News.