A.M. Links: Trump Gives CIA New Drone Strike Powers, Massive Snowstorm Slams Northeastern U.S.
President Donald Trump has reportedly given the CIA new authority to carry out drone strikes against suspected terrorists.
- "The Department of Justice asked the chairman and vice chairman of the House Intelligence Committee for 'additional time' to collect evidence to support President Donald Trump's accusation that the Obama administration wiretapped his phones at Trump Tower during the campaign."
- The European Union's highest court has ruled that employers may ban employees from wearing headscarves and other religious symbols.
- Pirates have hijacked an oil tanker off the coast of Somalia.
- A massive snowstorm is hitting the northeastern U.S. today.
- Today's snowstorm has caused over 8,000 canceled flights.