Trump to Meet Canada's Trudeau, Anti-Trump Protests in Mexico City, Tibet Hopes Trump Can Help Open Dialogue with China: A.M. Links
President Trump will meet the prime minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, at the White House today. Meanwhile, about 20,000 anti-Trump protesters hit the street in Mexico City. The prime minister of the government-in-exile of Tibet says he hopes Trump can open a dialogue between the Tibetan government and China. The Kremlin suggested there may be a meeting between Trump and Vladimir Putin before the G-20 summit in July.
- Nearly 200,000 people were told to evacuate the area after an emergency spillway at the Orville Dam in California was found to be at risk of failing.
- The U.S., Japan, and South Korea called for a U.N. Security Council meeting after North Korea tested another ballistic missile.
- Cancer patients in Yemen face medical shortage as the civil war continues.
- A court in Kenya found doctors union officials in contempt and ordered them jailed as a medical strike continues.
- The president of Turkmenistan won re-election with an official tally of nearly 97.7 percent of the vote.
- Nightly mass protests continue in Romania over corruption in the government.
- Adele won Record and Album of the Year at the Grammys.