A.M. Links: Donald Trump, Julian Assange, and Russian Hacking
The Senate Armed Services Committee is holding hearings today on Russian hacking in the U.S. presidential election.
- "Just a year ago, they might have seemed the oddest of couples. But now President-elect Donald J. Trump and Julian Assange, the WikiLeaks founder, have formed a united front against the conclusion of American intelligence agencies that Russian intelligence used hacked emails to interfere in the presidential election."
- President-elect Donald Trump is reportedly "working with top advisers on a plan that would restructure and pare back the nation's top spy agency."
- Former Kosovo Prime Minister Ramush Haradinaj has been arrested in France on war crimes charges.
- Macy's plans to close 68 stores around the U.S. and eliminate over 10,000 jobs.
- President Barack Obama is under pressure to issue at least one more batch of pardons and commutations before leaving office this month.