New Overtime Pay Rules Blocked, Nikki Haley Tapped for U.N. Ambassador, Americans Already Nostalgic for Obama: A.M. Links
A federal judge in Texas granted a preliminary injunction blocking the implementation of President Obama's executive action on overtime-pay eligibility.
- Donald Trump has reportedly tapped South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley to be his administration's ambassador to the United Nations.
- The Missouri Supreme Court has ruled that gun dealers can be held accountable for negligence, allowing a$22 2.2 million settlement to go forward. The case involved a gun and pawn shop that sold a weapon to a paranoid-schizophrenic woman, who later used it to kill her father.*
- Trump's immigration plans could spark a "tech brain drain," Wired worries.
- Obama's post-election approval rating was 57 percent, the highest it has been since September 2009.
- The Dalai Lama has "no worries" about Trump's election.
* This erroneously stated earlier that the Court had awarded the settlement.