Tim Kaine Not Worried About Wikileaks Targetting Him, Clinton Calls Trump a Loser, Kurdish Forces Say They're Within 5 Miles of Mosul: A.M. Links
- Kurdish commanders say their forces are within 5 miles of Mosul.
- The Pentagon wants veterans from the California National Guard to return entrollment bonuses it says were improperly paid six years ago.
- A 72-year-old retired soldier in Japan blew himself up in a local park, leaving a suicide note and injuring three. Two other explosions occurred nearby.
- The undersecretary of state for East Asian and Pacific affairs will meet with the foreign minister of the Philippines after the Philippines president, Rodrigo Duterte, announced a "separation" from the United States. Duterte later called the U.S. the country's "closest friend."
- The ACLU of New Jersey criticized a high school football pre-game ceremony honoring police officers, the military, and first responders for its underlying "frightening message."
- A casino tour bus crashed with a big rig in California, killing at least 13 people and injuring more than 30 more.