Trump Mocks Media Reaction to ISIS Comments, 'Heroin Babies' Cause Panic, How the Olympics Chill Speech: A.M. Links
Trump mocked media Friday morning for taking seriously his statement that President Obama was the founder of ISIS. "Ratings challenged @CNN reports so seriously that I call President Obama (and Clinton) 'the founder' of ISIS, & MVP," Trump tweeted. "THEY DON'T GET SARCASM?"
- Free-speech and free-press advocates are fighting back against California's attempt to criminalize the publishing of undercover video footage of healthcare providers.
- Does the Olympics have "a chilling effect on small businesses' free speech" rights?
- It was only a matter of time: "heroin babies" are causing a panic.
- Is it wrong for a white college student to request only white roommates? What about when black college students only want to live with other people-of-color?
- "In over a half-century, no Democratic presidential candidate has carried white voters with a college degree," said Michelle Diggles, a senior political analyst with Third Way. But Hillary Clinton has been making in-roads with this group, who now favor her to Trump by an average of 8.7 percentage points.