Black Lives Matter Activists Block U.K. Roads, Jill Stein—Folk Rock Hero, Why London Fellatio Café Won't Happen: A.M. Links
British Black Lives Matter activists blocked the road to Heathrow airport, just outside London, Friday and held demonstrations in Manchester, Birmingham, and Nottingham.
This morning we #Shutdown major transport hubs because the conventional avenues to justice have been shutdown to us.
— #BlackLivesMatterUK (@ukblm) August 5, 2016
- An Indianapolis police officer shot a colleague in a jealous rage when he saw the man with his estranged wife —investigating a domestic violence incident between the unhappy couple.
- Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein put out a few folk-rock albums in the 1990s as the lead singer of a band called Somebody's Sister. Songs include lines like "Gotta take your vote back from the corporation."
- The city of Orlando may purchase Pulse nightclub and turn it into a memorial to the 49 people killed there in June.
- Stockton, California Mayor Anthony Silver has been arrested on suspicion of eavesdropping and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
- Why a proposed London "Fellatio Café" probably won't happen.