U.S. Marshals Seize Hoverboards from Consumer Electronics Show, Planned Parenthood Endorses Clinton, Identity Politics Run Amok: A.M. Links
Federal marshals showed up at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas yesterday to seize some hoverboards.
- America's first execution of 2016 took place in Florida Thursday.
- How the federal government became the West's biggest landlord.
- How the federal government became dietitian in chief.
- "Problems arise whenever identity politics dominates moral thinking and judgment."
- At the heart of Friedrichs v. California Teachers Association—now before the U.S. Supreme Court—is a matter of free speech, not unions, says The Federalist.
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund is set to endorse Hillary Clinton for president, marking the first time in Planned Parenthood's 100-year history that it has endorsed a candidate in a primary.
- Obama birthers are now targeting Texas Sen. Ted Cruz.
New at Reason:
Brickbat: I Must Say
By Charles Oliver
France's 9/11: Will Europe learn from America's mistakes?
By Matt Welch
Obama's Legacy is Executive Abuse: The temptation to use the Obama model of legislating through the executive branch will become increasingly attractive to politicians and their supporters.
By David Harsanyi
California Poverty Plan Offers a Wealth of Bad Ideas: Donations flowing to statewide initiative that would impose surcharge on pricey properties.
By Steven Greenhut
Movie Review: The Revenant: Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy in a brutal tale of survival and revenge.
By Kurt Loder