A.M. Links: GOP Presidential Debate Tonight, Chicago Police Unions Fight to Destroy Records, Saudi Arabia Announces Islamic Military Alliance to Fight Terrorism
The next Republican presidential debate happens tonight in Las Vegas.
- Chicago police unions are seeking to destroy decades of records.
- Saudi Arabia has announced the formation of an Islamic military alliance to fight terrorism.
- Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl will face charges of desertion in a general court-martial.
- "San Bernardino shooter Tashfeen Malik sent at least two private messages on Facebook to a small group of Pakistani friends in 2012 and 2014, pledging her support for Islamic jihad and saying she hoped to join the fight one day, two top federal law enforcement officials said Monday."
- A man in Thailand is facing a prison sentence of up to 37 years after insulting the king's dog on social media.
New at Reason
- Brickbat: The Praying Dead By Charles Oliver
- Apocalypse 2016 The leading candidates to replace Barack Obama think America is going to hell. By Matt Welch
- Threatening Gun Rights Confirms Americans' Worst Fears Without Improving Safety Gun controllers advocate the imposition of laws that have already failed on people who won't obey them, to address crimes already decreasing in prevalence. By J.D. Tuccille
- Leave Satoshi Alone! This month saw journalists engaged in yet another failed attempt to discover the identity of Bitcoin's creator. By Andrea Castillo