A.M. Links: Trump Refuses to Rule Out 3rd Party Run, Bernie Leads Hillary in New Hampshire, CBO Says Obamacare Will Reduce Workforce by 2 Million Jobs
Donald Trump is refusing to rule out a third-party presidential run.
- According to a new poll, Bernie Sanders is now beating Hillary Clinton by 10 points in New Hampshire.
- A new report from the Congressional Budget Office estimates that the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will cause the workforce to shrink by approximately 2 million jobs over the next decade.
- Police in Geneva are "actively searching" for suspects linked to last month's terrorist attacks in Paris.
- "San Bernardino killers Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik began scheming to carry out a terrorist attack long before they were engaged or he moved her to the United States on a fiancee visa in July 2014, a widening and increasingly complex FBI investigation has found."
- A new paper in the medical journal Lancet says that happiness may not actually lead to longer life. "Happiness and related measures of well-being do not appear to have any direct effect on mortality," the paper states.
New at Reason
- Brickbat: Take That Back By Charles Oliver
- The Phony Mystery of Why 'They' Hate Us The explanation is far more political than religious. By Sheldon Richman
- Cutting Constitutional Corners Won't Save Us From Terrorists No-gun zones like the one in effect where the San Bernardino shooting took place are not only unconstitutional but also an invitation to disaster. By Judge Andrew Napolitano
- Panicked Responses to Terrorism Helps Feed It ISIS wants our invasion and rejection of Muslims. By Steve Chapman
- All Roads Lead to Washington as Congress Resurrects Ex-Im Bank Crony capitalist institution could still be crippled if Sen. Mitch McConnell takes action. By Veronique de Rugy
- Return of the Tax Credit A Star Wars expansion at Disneyland helps keep an entertainment fee at bay. By Scott Shackford