Carter Opens Door to Boots on the Ground in Iraq, Chicago Protesters Demand Emanuel Resign, Cast of Mad TV Reuniting: P.M. Links
In a Senate hearing today, Defense Secretary Ashton Carter said the U.S. may send military advisors to join Iraqi forces in their campaigns against ISIS.
- The prime minister of Turkey accused Russia of perpetrating an "ethnic cleansing" in Syria.
- Protesters in Chicago are demanding the resignation of Mayor Rahm Emanuel.
- The first officer on trial for the death of Freddie Gray took the stand today.
- An appeals board in New York upheld the new government-mandated minimum wage of $15 an hour for fast food workers.
- The cast of Mad TV is reuniting in January for the sketch show's 20th anniversary.
New at Reason.com:
- It's Time to Go After Those People!
Who those people are depends on your partisan affiliation.
By A. Barton Hinkle
- War on Drugs Ensnares Coffee Relative
Wisconsin becomes the fourth state to ban kratom, which is closer to caffeine than opium.
By Paul Brennan
- Why Are These ISIS Fighters Kicking Each Other in the Groin?
Great moments in jihadist combat training.
By Charles Paul Freund