Gun Background Checks Peaked on Black Friday, Deal Reached on Transportation Funding, Terrorists Love Twitter: A.M. Links
The U.K. is poised to join us in bombing Syria.
- George Washington University researchers say they've found approximately 300 American ISIS sympathizers on Twitter.
- "Do you have a male brain or a female brain? The answer, according to science, is no."
- This year's "Black Friday" set a new record for most gun background checks processed in a single day.
- Legislators are coming together on a $305 billion bill that to fund federal transportation efforts for the next five years; the measure allocates $205 billion for spending on highways and $48 billion for other transit projects, in addition to reauthorizing the Export-Import Bank's expired charter until 2019.
- How new regulations have affected the UK porn industry.
- A Turkish court must decide whether The Lord of the Rings character Gollum is good or bad.
- Congress voted to block Obama's proposed plan to force cuts to greenhouse gas emissions from U.S. power plants.
New at Reason:
Brickbat: For Your Own Safety —By Charles Oliver
Shots in the Park: Two use-of-force experts call the killing of 12-year-old Tamir Rice "objectively unreasonable." —By Jacob Sullum
The Left's Smears on Research That Doesn't Support Their Conclusions: From gun control to climate change. —By John Stossel
The full contents of Reason's December 2015 issue are now available here. For access to our brand new January 2016 issue—as well as full access to all 47 years of Reason archives—subscribe to Reason Digital here.