A.M. Links: 26 State Governors Refuse to Accept Syrian Refugees, Majority of Americans Oppose Sending Ground Troops to Fight ISIS, Russia Confirms Bombing of Russian Plane Over Egypt
A total of 26 state governors have now voiced their opposition to accepting Syrian refugees within their respective states.
- France has launched a new round of airstrikes against ISIS forces in Syria.
- According to a new poll, a majority of Americans oppose sending ground troops to fight ISIS, but still want the U.S. "to intensify its assault on the Islamic State."
- Russia has confirmed that a bomb was responsible for bringing down a Russian passenger jet over Egypt.
- "The response by Baltimore police to the rioting of last April had major shortcomings, including the lack of solid planning, vague orders and protective gear that was inadequate according to the independent review that was released Monday."
- Actor Charlie Sheen has admitted that he is HIV positive.
New at Reason
- Brickbat: World Peace By Charles Oliver
- Business Licenses Are Still an Effective Tool—For Crushing Entrepreneurship Red tape remains a powerful deterrent to starting businesses and creating jobs. By J.D. Tuccille
- Higher Populations, More Trade Leads to Progress, Higher Living Standards Rationally optimistic. By Marian Tupy