Attack in Central Paris, Supreme Court Will Hear Abortion Case, How Ted Cruz Will 'Protect Americans' From Immigrants: P.M. Links
- A gunman reportedly opened fire at a restaurant in central Paris, while a bar near Stade de France was the target of an explosion. Details are still vague but several casualties are being reported. Shooters may still be wreaking havoc. Update: Agence France-Presse is reporting that hostages have been taken at Bataclan concert hall. English-language live feed here.
- The Supreme Court has agreed to hear a challenge to a Texas abortion law brought by the Center for Reproductive Rights—the first time the Court will hear an abortion-related issue since 2007.
- Here's Ted Cruz's plan to "stop illegal immigration, secure the border, restore the rule of law, and protect Americans."
- The U.S. 10th Circuit Court of Appeals will hear arguments in January over the striking down of parts of Utah's bigamy ban, in a case involving the Brown family of TLC's Sister Wives.
- "While Syrian refugees might seem like perfect candidates for [Liberland], the reality is more complicated."
- A Utah judge is backing down for now on his order to remove a 9-month-old foster child from a married lesbian couple because of their sexual orientation.
- A Texas teen's July death via cobra bite was ruled a suicide.
- RIP Carol Doda, "the Susan B. Anthony of" strippers.
New at Reason:
Carbon Bubble: Activists' Wishful Thinking?: Does the stock market know something that environmental activists don't? By Ronald Bailey
Kung Fu Meets the Apocalypse in Into the Badlands: At least there's no zombies in this one. By Glenn Garvin
In Order to Live: Yeonmi Park's North Korean Defector Story: Yeonmi Park escaped from North Korea. But will her story survive scrutiny? By Todd Krainin