Rand Paul Grows a Pair, Fear of Government Sparks Gun Purchases, Mizzou Student Arrested for Yik Yak Threat: A.M. Links
The fourth Republican presidential debate proved a big night for Ben Carson, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul—who blasted Marco Rubio over military spending and Donald Trump over trade with China—and Maria Bartiromo's brooch. (See who lied last night and about what here.)
- Rubio, Paul, and Ted Cruz: Three Tea Party success stories, three very divergent paths.
- "Fear of the government had the strongest relationship with buying a gun because of fear," according to a new study.
- The controversy-embroiled Mizzou University Police Department has arrested one student for making threats via the app Yik Yak. Meanwhile, college students around the country are protesting racism on campus.
- A Texas grand jury has indicted 106 people in connection with the Waco strip-mall shootout last May.
- "When school feels like jail."
- That's not affirmative consent, Bloomingdales!
New at Reason:
Brickbat: The Long Walk —By Charles Oliver
The Real Sexting Scandal: Teenagers who swap nude photos of themselves should not be branded as sex offenders. —By Jacob Sullum