Paul Ryan Says He Won't Work on Immigration Reform With Obama, Bernie Sanders Launches TV Ad Campaign, Antarctica Gaining Ice: A.M. Links
The Republican National Committee named a new official to act as a liaison between the presidential campaigns and the television networks hosting debates.
- House Speaker Paul Ryan says he won't work with President Obama on immigration reform because the president is "untrustworthy."
- Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders launched his first TV ad campaign, to air in Iowa and New Hampshire.
- The Vatican announced the arrest of a monsignor and a member of a finances reform commission for allegedly leaking confidential documents to the media.
- The Indian air force was placed on high alert after a number of sightings of drone-like unidentified flying objects over the Delhi international airport.
- The United Nations says plans by 150 countries to limit carbon emissions wouldn't be enough to save the climate.
- New research from NASA shows Antarctica gaining ice mass, not losing it.
- Former U.S. senator and Law & Order actor Fred Thompson died this weekend, aged 73.
- The Kansas City Royals won their first World Series since 1985.
New at Reason.com:
- Brickbat: Bad Pictures By Charles Oliver
- Ohio's Choice: Pot Prohibition or Cannabis Crony Capitalism? Many legalizers are less than thrilled by the Buckeye State's marijuana initiative. By Jacob Sullum
- The Wickedness of Our Foreign Policy Individual persons who did no harm to anyone are being slaughtered and starved with the help of American politicians and military bureaucrats. By Sheldon Richman
- Muslim Heroes of the Holocaust A Mideast website responds to Netanyahu's blunder. By Charles Paul Freund
- Why Congress Shouldn't Act on GMOs Let the Supreme Court rule on mandatory labeling. By Baylen Linnekin