US, Russia to Agree on Syria Air Safety, Many Republicans See Donald Trump As Best Hope, Jupiter Losing Great Red Spot: P.M. Links
The U.S. and Russia are reportedly close to finalizing an agreement on air safety over Syria. ISIS militants, meanwhile, are fighting other insurgents north of Aleppo, where a Russian campaign backed by 1,500 soldiers from Iran is expected to start soon.
- Soldiers have deployed across Israel, with police imposing additional controls in Arab neighborhoods, as a wave of violent attacks by Palestinians against Israeli Jews continues.
- Nearly half of Republican voters in Nevada and South Carolina believe Donald Trump is their best chance to win the 2016 presidential election.
- A federal jury found that the chips Apple uses in some iPhones and iPads had infringed on a patent held by the University of Wisconsin—the university is seeking $862 million in damages.
- Climate scientists say new research suggests springtime could come to the United States three weeks earlier than normal by the end of the century.
- New photos of Jupiter taken by the Hubble telescope show the Great Red Spot turning orange and shrinking at a faster rate than normal.