A.M. Links: Bernie Leads Hillary in Iowa, Trump Support Reaches 32%, California Assembly Passes Right-to-Die Bill
According to a new poll, Bernie Sanders now leads Hillary Clinton in Iowa for the first time in the 2016 race.
- Donald Trump has become the first Republican 2016 candidate to exceed 30 percent support in the polls.
- The California Assembly has approved a right-to-die bill.
- "A former Cook County Sheriff's Department officer has pleaded guilty to robbing drug dealers and re-selling their drugs to make a profit, officials said."
- The remains of Homo naledi, a previously unknown species of human ancestor, have been discovered in South Africa.
New at Reason
- Brickbat: Leash Law By Charles Oliver
- Funding the U.S. Department of Offense Republicans are all hypocrites when it comes to Defense cuts. By Veronique de Rugy
- Kim Davis Should Not Have Been Jailed The Kentucky county clerk can't use the force of law to further her religious beliefs, but incarceration should be a last resort. By Judge Andrew Napolitano
- Hysteria About the Iran Deal A contest ensues to claim the most ridiculous objection. By Steve Chapman
- What We Saw at the Rally Against the Iran Nuclear Deal Nick Gillespie talks with Donald Trump, Glenn Beck, Mark Levin and Michele Bachmann. By Nick Gillespie and Meredith Bragg