Bad Day at the Stock Market, Ellen Page vs. Ted Cruz, Dr. Dre Is Sorry: P.M. Links
The Dow Jones Industrial Average plummeted 500 points on Friday.
- Actress Ellen Page, who came out as gay last year, ambushed Ted Cruz at the Iowa State Fair. They argued about gay issues.
- Dr. Dre issued an apology for abusing women, a fact of his life glossed over in the new movie, Straight Outta Compton.
- President Obama's political legacy is ugly, claims POLITICO.
- Sorry, just one Trump-related item today.
- Potentially bad news for Carly Fiorina.
New at Reason
- Public Morals Approaches Vice Squad Drama with Authenticity in Mind
Ed Burns' new TNT show avoids Hollywood-style excesses, by Glenn Garvin
- Operation Choke Point: The Government's Covert War on Small Business
A program meant to stamp out fraud has put a stranglehold on legitimate industries, by Zach Weissmueller