State of Emergency Extended in Ferguson, U.S. Flag Going Up in Havana, Earth-Like Planet 100 Light Years Away: A.M. Links
The state of emergency in Ferguson has been extended for at least another day.
- Jeb Bush says taking out Saddam Hussein turned out to be "a pretty good deal."
- John Kerry will be raising the U.S. flag at the embassy in Havana.
- The government in Greece won another parliamentary vote in favor of a new bailout.
- Federal meteorologists say this year's El Niño could be historically strong.
- DNA testing reportedly confirms Warren Harding had a love child.
- Astronomers have imaged an Earthish-like planet orbiting 51 Eridani, a solar system 100 light years way from Earth's.
New at Reason.com
- Brickbat: The Terror
- Next Time Government Gives You Dietary Advice, Consider Doing the Opposite From scares over skipping breakfast to too much salt, the government's been wrong a lot. by David Harsanyi
- Federal Court Puts Limits on Cellphone Tracking Privacy advocates gain key victories in high-profile battle. by Steven Greenhut
- Movie Review: The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer in a boneheaded sub-Bond caper. By Kurt Loder