Obama Attempts to Sell His Energy Program, Lawmakers Target Planned Parenthood, Trump Used to Oppose Drug War: P.M. Links
President Barack Obama started selling his emissions reduction and energy consumption regulatory plan to the public today.
- Conservative lawmakers have started their efforts to defund Planned Parenthood with a procedural vote tonight that is expected to fail.
- Today in Trump: Donald Trump used to be in favor of calling off the drug war back in the day. Also: Gawker published his cell phone number.
- A cop in Memphis was shot to death after apparently interrupting a drug deal. Authorities seek Tremaine Wilbourn, 29, for killing Officer Sean Bolton Armstrong.
- A monitoring group estimates U.S.-lead airstrikes over Syria have killed more than 450 civilians in the past year.
- Thousands of cases of Kraft individually wrapped cheese slices have been recalled as a choking hazard. Apparently it is not because of the involuntary gagging reaction caused when one actually tries to consume the disgusting things, if I may reveal a bias.
- The jury will continue to keep the death penalty on the table as it determines Colorado theater shooter James Holmes' fate.
New at Reason
How Donald Trump Is Like John Hancock: The complicated political dynamics between rich presidential candidates and poorer ones far predate the 20th century. By Ira Stoll.
Why the U.S. Is the Next Greece: The global economy is in for a "catastrophe of historic proportions," says investor Doug Casey. By Matt Welch & Paul Detrick.