A.M. Links: Iran Nuclear Deal Reached, NYC Pays $5.9 Million to Family of Eric Garner, Boy Scouts Welcome Gay Leaders
A nuclear deal with Iran has been struck.
- New York City has agreed to pay $5.9 million to the family of Eric Garner, the man whose death at the hands of the NYPD was caught on video last year.
- The Boy Scouts of America will now allow gay adults to serve as scout leaders.
- "Greece's leftwing Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras faces a showdown with rebels in his own party on Tuesday furious at his capitulation to German demands for one of the most sweeping austerity packages ever demanded of a euro zone government."
- Closing arguments are expected today in the death penalty trial of Colorado movie theater shooter James Holmes.
- The NASA probe New Horizons has completed a historic flyby of Pluto.
New at Reason
Peter Suderman: The FDA Wants to Ruin Your Treats
Trans fats make donuts and popcorn delicious. Soon they may be illegal.