Subway Riders Ticketed for 'Manspreading,' Former House Speaker Hastert Indicted, The Tyranny of Title IX on Campus: A.M. Links
Former Speaker of the U.S. House Dennis Hastert has been charged with evading currency reporting requirements and lying to the FBI about it.
- A new report from the Police Reform Organizing Project (PROP) illustrates the many, many petty abuses New Yorkers have to suffer at the hands of the NYPD, including being written up for "manspreading" (aka taking up too much room) on the subway and walking in the park after dark.
- A pepper spray for a pepper spray: Ohio judge allows retaliatory pepper-spray shot as punishment for perp who sprayed someone in the face with the stuff.
- "A Title IX charge can now be brought against a professor over a tweet." Great, depressing essay from Northwestern University prof Laura Kipnis on her "Title IX inquisition."
- Start expecting a lot more construction-site porn? Adult film performers in California may be required to wear safety goggles.
- Pamela Geller wants to take her anti-Muslim agenda to the buses of Washington, D.C.
- Stop comparing things to slavery.