A.M. Links: FIFA President Refuses to Retire, New Clinton Foundation Ties to Sidney Blumenthal Unearthed, Nebraska Abolished the Death Penalty
In the face of a mounting corruption scandal, FIFA President Sepp Blatter is refusing to retire.
- The Clinton Foundation reportedly paid Sidney Blumenthal $10,000 a month while he provided advice about Libya to then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
- According to a new poll, Hillary Clinton faces her biggest threat in 2016 from Republican candidates Marco Rubio and Rand Paul.
- Nebraska is now the 19th state to have abolished the death penalty.
- Hundreds of people have been ordered to evacuate flood-threatened parts of Texas.
- Former New York Gov. George Pataki has announced his intentions to seek the White House in 2016.
Editor's Note: This post originally misadentified Sepp Blatter as one of the 14 FIFA officials indicted by U.S. authorities.