French Lawmakers Want Their Own Surveillance State, Huckabee Wants the Presidency, Everybody Wants to Know More About the TPP: P.M. Links
Join in your security state? We've already got one! Oh yes, it's very nice. French lawmakers move to adopt a sweeping, oversight-free surveillance bill of their very own.
- Mike Huckabee launches his second try for the GOP presidential nomination with a populist campaign that downplays his social intolerance while emphasizing economic imbecility.
- On the other side of the aisle, likely Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton takes a thumping in the polls after a flurry of interesting revelations about her in the press.
- You'll have to pass it to learn what's in it? Neither Congress nor the public is so thrilled with that approach when it comes to the Trans-Pacific Partnership. The trade deal is stumbling through the fog of secrecy in which it's being peddled.
- Baltimore leaders hosted new U.S. Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch, who will surely be able to heal the city's wounds and set things right.
- Yemeni rebels upped the ante by shelling a town across the border in Saudi Arabia.