Relative Calm in Baltimore, Rand Paul Blames 'Lack of Fathers' for Riots, GOP Viewed as 'More Extreme': A.M. Links
- Cops fired rubber bullets and tear gas at a crowd out past curfew in Baltimore Tuesday evening; around 10 people were arrested, but overall the streets were relatively calm throughout the night.
- Rand Paul blamed a "lack of fathers" and a "lack of moral code" for what he described as the "thuggery and thievery" in Baltimore.
- Senators rejected a measure Tuesday which would have required any nuclear agreement with Iran to be ratified by two-thirds of the Senate.
- In the first half of 2014, the D.C. government payed nearly $10,000 to lobby itself.
- Republicans are now viewed as more "extreme" than Democrats, according to a new HuffPost/YouGov poll, an opinion that's risen seven percentage points since November 2014.
- The U.S. Supreme Court will hear a challenge to Oklahoma's death-penalty procedure, which relies on a three-drug protocol that's been used in several botched executions.
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott filed two lawsuits Tuesday claiming the federal government tried to bully state officials into expanding low-income health care coverage for Floridians.
- A bill under consideration in Texas would hold doctors or counselors criminally liable for coercing a woman into ending a pregnancy.
- Axl Rose has some words for the Indonesian president.