Reason Nominated for Four Maggie Awards
Western Publishing Association gives nods for best magazine, cover, video channel, and long-form video
I'm happy to announce that the journalism juggernaut you are currently consuming has been nominated for four annual awards by the Western Publishing Association, which covers magazines and weekly newspapers and websites headquartered west of the Rocky Mountains. And the nominations for excellence in the production of journalism are:
* Best (Consumer) Magazine, Politics & Social Issues. For the October special on Millennials. The hated competition? Mother Jones, Sierra, Ms., and Pacific Standard. This is our seventh consecutive nomination in this category.
* Best (Consumer) Cover, Under 75,000 Circulation. For the "Video Game Nation" issue, pictured.
* Best (Trade or Consumer) Use of Video in Editorial Long Form. For Zach Weissmueller's chilling "Police Shoot, Kill 80-Year-Old Man In His Own Bed, Don't Find the Drugs They Were Looking For," which you can watch below:
Over the past seven years, Reason has been nominated for 54 Maggie Awards, winning 5 (last year we were nominated for a record-tying 12 and won two). Such industry recognition is only possible due to your support of the Reason Foundation, the 501(c)3 nonprofit that publishes all of our journalism here. So thank you!
You could, if feeling celebratory, donate more (including in Bitcoin!) at this link, or merely go on a shopping bender at some of our affiliated stores. To obtain a more direct journalistic high, you can subscribe to either our digital or print editions for a mere $15 a year. BUT IF YOU CALL RIGHT NOW you can get both editions for a discounted $25.
As a matter of fact, the digital edition (which current print subscribers can obtain for a mere $10 upgrade), is brand spanking new, and includes all kinds of cool features. Such as:
- Early full access to the new issue of the print magazine—days before the print magazine is mailed to print subscribers and weeks before the content is published online for nonsubscribers.
- Instant access to the newest print edition articles in a variety of mobile and desktop-friendly formats, including regular text web pages at Reason.com, your choice of two interactive "flip style" digital readers, and downloadable PDF files for reading in the applications of your choice online or offline.
- Instant access to all Reason archives going back to 1968 in interactive reader and PDF formats.
Let me repeat that last item for the hearing impaired: ALL ARCHIVES DATING BACK TO '68, PEOPLE. You know what to do.