Newsweek Twitter Feed Hacked by ISIS Supporters, GOP's Alabama Problem, Democrats' Presidential Choice Problem: P.M. Links
Newsweek's Twitter account was hacked by supporters of Islamic State. They threatened President Obama's family and boasted "Je suIS IS" to make sure everybody got the message that they're assholes.
- Kayla Mueller has, indeed, died as Islamic State claimed, according to the U.S. government. (See item above.)*
- Pundits see the Alabama Republican Party's last-stand social conservatism as a bit of an albatross around the GOP's neck. And…we expected something else from Alabama?
- Meanwhile, Democrats are looking for anybody to offer an alternative to Hillary as the presidential race nears.
- With peace talks looming in Ukraine, the two sides have, of course, intensified fighting in order to improve their positions ahead of the negotiations.
- U.S. economic measures remain mixed, with more job openings, but weak wholesale inventories.
*Corrected from earlier version that said Islamic State did it. We don't actually know, though Islamic State attributes her death to an air strike.