Networks Not Airing Immigration Speech and the White House Is Furious, Will Utah Give Firing Squads a Chance? P.M. Links
President Obama will explain his immigration plan tonight, but broadcast networks ABC, NBC, and CBS are declining to air it. The White House isn't happy about that, obviously.
- A Utah legislative committee wants to consider bringing back executions by firing squad, since Europe won't sell the U.S. the drugs necessary to carry out lethal injections.
- Jim Webb has formed an exploratory committee to run for president in 2016. Webb is a Democrat, former U.S. Senator from Virginia, and former U.S. Navy Secretary. He is known for being a progressive liberal, but is viewed as less authoritarian than, say, Hillary Clinton.
- On the other side of the aisle, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is also prepping for a presidential run.
- Authorities have identified the Florida State University gunman.
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio plans to visit Rikers Island with an eye toward reforming the notorious prison.
- You shouldn't care who Michael Phelps was dating, but if you do, here's some news on that front.
- The "Breaking Bad" spin-off series, "Better Call Saul," will premiere on the evening of February 8th.