Millennials Favor a Republican Congress, Ebola Breeds Quarantine Fever, ISIS Gets More Stuff That Goes BOOM: P.M. Links
Hey Democrats: Millennials aren't so into you. A new national poll of 18- to 29- year-olds finds that a slim majority of the generation that once went wild for Barack Obama now favors a Republican-led Congress.
- Grab the popcorn! Anti-incumbent disgust is fueling strong independent and Libertarian campaigns and making this year's midterm elections highly unpredictable.
- Maine state police are keeping nurse Kaci Hickox confined to her home as part of an escalating national battle over quarantining people who may have been exposed to Ebola.
- Meanwhile, any U.S. troops lucky enough to be sent to West Africa to help with Ebola relief efforts definitely face a 21-day quarantine upon returning.
- ISIS apparently got its hands on Chinese-made surface-to-air missiles that were intended for non-psychotic Syrian rebel groups. Who could've predicted that?
- The FBI just can't keep its hands off the Associated Press. The feds admit they created a fake AP article and site to get a bomb-threat suspect to click a link and download malware onto his computer. The news agency is not pleased.
- A previously unknown species of frog was discovered in New York City. It immediately flipped the finger to scientists and demanded hand-crafted booze in its drink.