ISIS Claims Kobani as Obama Admin Contradicts Itself, Climate Change vs. U.S. Military, Wendy Davis Defends Wheelchair Ad: P.M. Links
ISIS has reportedly captured the strategic town of Kobani along the Syria-Turkey border. Senior officials in the Obama administration are having trouble keeping their story straight on whether the failure of our airstrikes means we should expect a new strategy involving American troops on the ground.
- Does this mean we'll be training and arming moderate icecaps? Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel says that climate change is going to pose a big risk to America's military.
- WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T PANIC! The Center for Disease Control says it must "rethink" its Ebola strategy after a Texas nurse caught the virus. Do I have Ebola, Google? The Internet giant is testing live-video medical advice.
- Texas gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis (D) is trying to deflect bipartisan criticism of her new campaign ad (it focuses on the fact that opponent Greg Abbott is in a wheelchair) by calling Abbott a hypocrite.
- KMart is the latest major retailer to experience a security breach. Over 1,000 stores' registers were compromised by malware.
- The Vatican is taking a kinder tone towards gays by focusing less on the Catholic Church's belief that homosexual acts are sinful, and emphasizing that LGBT individuals have "gifts and qualities to offer" the Church.
- Denmark is moving toward banning bestiality.