A.M. Links: White House Has Three Year Plan for Islamic State, Enterovirus Spreading in Midwest, South, Officials Hunt Cougar in California
(Beyond the Trail)
The White House reportedly has a plan to combat the Islamic State that would extend beyond President Obama's term in office. The three-year operation would include airstrikes in Iraq, equipping Iraqi forces, and airstrikes in Syria.
- Children in up to ten states in the Midwest and South are being hospitalized for symptoms of an uncommon but nasty respiratory virus, Enterovirus D68.
- Fighting broke out in eastern Ukraine less than two days after a ceasefire was announced.
- Supporters of independence for Scotland appear to be gaining momentum ahead of a referendum on the issue.
- Japan is looking for international approval to conduct whaling for research purposes in the Antarctic Ocean.
- State wildlife officials in California continue to hunt a cougar who attacked a 6-year-old boy.