BP Loses Big in Court, McDonnell's Jurors Say Evidence Was 'Overwhelming,' Questions About de Blasio's Pre-K Program: A.M. Links
(Markus Koljonen / Wikimedia Commons)
A federal judge determined that BP was mostly responsible for the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. The decision could force BP to pay out $20 billion in new damage claims.
- Jurors in the corruption trial of former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell said their decision wasn't particularly difficult—the evidence against McDonnell and his wife was "overwhelming."
- A community came together to seek justice for a little boy whose pet chicken was beheaded by a police officer to defend a police officer who beheaded a little boy's pet chicken. The Minnesota boy was not allowed to keep chickens in his home per regulation.
- For the first time ever, Cosmopolitan's editors will endorse candidates in the midterm elections. I can't think of anything less sexy than that.
- Comedians pay tribute to comedy legend Joan Rivers, who passed away on Thursday at the age of 81.
- Federal regulators are working hard to keep some fine cheeses off store shelves, and that stinks.
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is determined to enroll the city's young children in preschool programs, but the initiative is facing criticism.