Pollsters Say Public Pissed at Politicians, NATO Expects Russian Invasion of Ukraine, Iraq Is Just a Friggin' Mess: P.M. Links
- Pollsters agree: Americans are in a lousy mood, and they're especially ticked at politicians of all stripes.
- Except for New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, who is coasting to reelection despite being chin-deep in a corruption scandal.
- NATO says there's a high probability that all of those Russian troops massed on Ukraine's border will decide to take a giant step forward.
- The FBI will investigate the killing of unarmed teen Michael Brown by a suburban St. Louis police officer. So federal procedures better have been followed!
- Not only did the "cash for clunkers" program not result in a net increase in car sales, say economic researchers, but fuel efficiency restrictions induced people to buy cheaper cars, costing the automobile industry about $3 billion.
- As U.S. warplanes blow up old U.S. munitions commandeered by Islamic fundamentalists trying to take over Iraq, the country's president names Haidar al-Abadi as a replacement for Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki. Who refuses to step down. These are the days of our lives…
- Get ready for more IRS paperwork as the tax agency tries to calculate who is entitled to what, Obamacare-wise.