GOP Reversal on Debt Ceiling Vote a "Disappointing Moment," Karl Rove Defends Bill Clinton From Rand Paul, Washington Redskins Respond to Lawmakers' Letter: P.M. Links
- President Obama welcomed the French president Francois Hollande for a state visit, claiming the relationship between the two countries was "unimaginable" a decade ago.
- An appeals court rejected a challenge to the force feeding of detainees at Guantanamo Bay, but attorneys for the detainees say the ruling clears the way to take the case back to district court.
- Karl Rove doesn't like that Rand Paul is targeting Bill Clinton for criticism, saying he didn't think it was a good strategy for running for president.
- A "Dumb Starbucks" in Los Angeles was shut down not because of any potential trademark infringement, but because health inspectors found the store, a comic's gimmick, didn't have the proper paperwork.
- The Washington Redskins responded to a letter from two lawmakers demanding they change their name by pointing out that one of them, the chair of the Senate Indian Affairs Committee, had better things to do to improve the life of Native Americans than attack a team they support.