A.M. Links: NYC's Mayor-Elect Planning To Ban Horse-Drawn Carriages, Russians Round Up Dozens After Bombings, Many Latvians Don't Want To Adopt the Euro
- New York City's Mayor-Elect Bill de Blasio is planning to ban horse-drawn carriages, which he believes are inhumane.
- Secretary of State John Kerry will present a "framework proposal" relating to peace talks to Israeli and Palestinian leaders later this week.
- The journalist Glenn Greenwald, who has reported on Edward Snowden's leaks, says that the NSA does not have access to in-flight communications.
- Nearly half of Latvians oppose their country adopting the Euro, which it will do tomorrow.
- U.S. population growth is at its slowest rate in over 70 years, with an increase of only 2.26 million in the twelve months before July 1, 2013.
- Russian authorities have rounded up dozens of people in the wake of the recent suicide bombings in the city of Volgograd.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.