Govt. Shutdown Looms After Senate Rejects House Conditions To Spending Bill, French Workers Want To Work on Sunday, Illinois Begins Setting Up Medical Marijuana Program: P.M. Links
- The Senate has rejected the House's conditions to a temporary spending bill that would have kept the government operating while also delaying or repealing parts of Obamacare. Obama is not resigned to a government shutdown. Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) has accused Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) of trying to force a government shutdown.
- Some French workers are asking for the government revise an over century-old law that prohibits most stores from opening on Sunday.
- Officials in Illinois have begun setting up a system that would allow people to legally purchase medical marijuana.
- Bitcoin maverick Jed McCaleb is looking into setting up a new alternative digital currency.
- Eurozone inflation is at a three-year low.
- IKEA is planning to start selling residential solar panels in the U.K.