Lawmakers Say They Were Denied NSA Info, No Gun-Free Zone for Obama, Egypt's VP Exits: P.M. Links
Ticked-off lawmakers say the House Intelligence Committee withheld information about NSA surveillance programs from members of Congress prior to a vote to extend the Patriot Act.
- If gun-free zones are good for school kids, they should be great for the president, say petitioners. No thanks, says the chief executive. He prefers to keep his armed protection.
- Bradley Manning, convicted for releasing embarrassing U.S. government secrets to Wikileaks, may break his silence and speak at his sentencing hearing.
- As Hawthorne, California, authorities continue targeting a man whose dog police very publicly shot, Leon Rosby's attorney sparred with the judge in the case and described officers as "little cockroaches."
- With the body count mounting in his country's renewed political turmoil, Egypt's Vice President Mohamed ElBaradei headed for the exit.
- Public school districts around the country look to a new cost-cutting measure: Keeping as many employees as possible part-time to avoid Obamacare.
- Former Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss tried a new business venture: Growing marijuana. Pro tip: Maybe leave that line of work to somebody a bit lower-profile.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.