Obama Says Trayvon Martin Could Have Been Him Years Ago, Pot Pipe Found in Kids Meal, Tumblr Makes Sex-Oriented Blogs Unsearchable: P.M. Links
(White House Photo by David Lienemann/wikimedia)
- Jesse Jackson has suggested boycotting Florida in the wake of the George Zimmerman verdict. In other Zimmerman-related news, Obama has said that "Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago."
- A marijuana pipe has been found in a four-year-old's Burger King Kids Meal…I knew I'd left that somewhere.
- Tumblr has rendered its sexually oriented blogs unsearchable, which will affect about 10 percent of content.
- Sens. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) have suggested moving the venue of the next G20 summit, scheduled to take place in St. Petersburg, if Russian authorities continue to allow Edward Snowden to remain in Russia. Obama's visit to Moscow has been postponed because of the ongoing Snowden saga.
- A pharmaceutical company is betting on medical marijuana being used in treatments for diabetes, epilepsy, and colitis.
- Detroit billionaire Dan Gilbert has said that parts of The Motor City need to be torn down and built up again.
Did you write about liberty between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013? Reason welcomes you to enter this year's Bastiat Prize for Journalism, with a total prize purse of $16,000.