A.M. Links: James Gandolfini Dead at 51, Taliban Offer To Release American Soldier, Russia and China Not Happy About US Human Trafficking Report
(Shane T. McCoy, U.S. Navy)
- James Gandolfini, the actor best known for his portrayal of Tony Soprano in HBO's The Sopranos, has died in Italy at 51.
- The Taliban have offered to release U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who has been held since 2009, in exchange for five senior operatives being held in Guantanamo Bay.
- Russia and China have both reacted angrily to a State Department report that categorized the two countries as some of the world's worst offenders in their efforts to fight human trafficking.
- Google's chief legal officer has said that the company is not "in cahoots" with the NSA.
- Edward Snowden may be trying to seek asylum in Iceland.
- A group of women from Beverly Hills called "Marijuana Moms" say that smoking pot makes them better parents.
Spice up your blog or Website with Reason 24/7news and Reason articles! You can easily add a widget here.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com.