A.M. Links: Weiner Announces Run For NYC Mayor, CBS Reporter Says Her Computers Have Been Compromised, Kerry To Address Backers of Rebels in Syria
- Former Congressman Anthony Weiner has announced that he is running for Mayor of New York City. Weiner resigned from Congress in 2011 after it emerged he sent a photo of his crotch to a woman using twitter and then lied about his account being hacked.
- A CBS reporter who had reported on the gun-running Fast and Furious program as well as green energy spending says that her personal and work computers have been compromised.
- Secretary of State John Kerry is set to meet representatives from countries backing the Syrian opposition as part of his effort to secure a peace conference.
- Councilman Eric Garcetti has been elected as Mayor of Los Angeles.
- The University of Central Florida has reinstated a professor who was suspended for making an in-class joke.
- Friends of a man who was recently shot and killed by an FBI agent say he knew Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev.
Get Reason.com and Reason 24/7 content widgets for your websites.