UN Investigating Targeted Killings, Jobless Claims Down, SWAT Drill in Mass. School: P.M. Links
- Initial jobless claims fell for the second consecutive week according to the Department of Labor.
- Phil Mickelson apologized for speaking publicly about his increasing tax burden, calling his comments "insensitive." The golfer said he was considering moving out of his home state of California, which Jerry Brown said today was bouncing back.
- A Colorado man says cops shot his dog after arriving at the wrong house, and told him to calm down because he could get a new one. The Adam County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
- Students in Silver Lake, Massachusetts were treated to a SWAT drill, to prepare. Mass shootings, though, don't appear to be trending.
- Officials in the European Union are worried an exit by the United Kingdom might induce more countries to leave. David Cameron warned European leaders at Davos Great Britain would have no part in forcing deeper integration.
- David Purchase, who started the country's first needle exchange program, in Tacoma, died at 73.
Follow Reason 24/7 on Twitter!
Have a news tip? Send it to us!