A.M. Links: NRA Confident Congress Won't Pass Gun Ban, Brits Join French-Led Intervention in Mali, NYC to Link Doctors' Pay to Performance, MIT Investigating Aaron Swartz Suicide, Indian Army Chief Considering Retaliation Against Pakistan
- The NRA is confident that Congress will not pass an assault weapons ban. A possible ban is worrying the CEO of a Tennessee-based weapons training company, who has threatened to "start killing people" if Obama pushes for gun control measures.
- The Royal Air Force is assisting France with its intervention in Mali. Al Qaeda-linked militants have launched a counter-attack in the town of Diabaly, southwest of recent French air strikes.
- Thousands rallied in Paris against President Hollande's plan to legalize same-sex marriage.
- MIT has ordered an investigation into the suicide of reddit co-founder Aaron Swartz.
- NYC is to tie doctors' pay to performance in response to changes implemented by Obamacare. This would never work for teachers, right?
- India's army chief is considering a retaliation against Pakistan for the killing of two soldiers in Kashmir.
Have a news tip? Send it to us!