White House Rejects Yet Another Boehner Proposal, Democrat Task Force Considers Newtown Response, Oakland Defends Pot Dispensary: P.M. Links
House Speaker John Boehner's proposal for a "back-up" tax bill got a thumbs-down from the White House even as the president defended his proposal to raise the threshold on those supposedly necessary tax hikes. Honestly, they're just screwing around, now.
- House Democrats have assembled a task force to consider legislation in response to the Newtown massacre. Even salivating authoritarians have trouble breaking their procrastinating habits.
- Texas's Governor Rick Perry, on the other hand, says teachers with concealed-carry permits should be able to exercise their rights on the job.
- Oakland, California, is fighting the feds in court to protect a pot dispensary from seizure.
- NBC reporters held in Syria by regime loyalists were rescued by Islamist rebels. Yes, the world is that weird.
- Egypt's Ministry of Justice is investigating reports of election fraud in the wake of the controversial vote on an Islamist-backed constitution. They've got it under control.
- Britain's Euroskeptic UK Independence Party is pulling its best polling numbers yet, just a point behind the Liberal Democrats, who are junior members of the governing coalition.
Have a news tip for us? Send it to: email@example.com
Don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily AM/PM updates for more content.